Etape du Tour: Cycle Tour Package 3 – 3* Le Florimont – Saint Ferréol / 4* Le Hameau du Kashmir – Val Thorens
Program Category: All inclusive 3*/4* Hotels
Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
Dates: 07/19/2019 – 07/22/2019
Program Highlights: 3/4* hotels in St Ferréol and Val Thorens – accommodation on half board (drinks incl: water + 1/4 wine or soda) – experienced and dedicated bilingual support staff – former pro teams’ mechanics – transfer by bus to the village and the start – 3rd night right at the finish– guaranteed entry (to be purchased separately – not included in package price) – private feed stop – welcome kit (T-shirt, Jersey – Model Maratona from Castelli, bottles, energy products)
Start & Finish: Geneva / Geneva
Rates: €745/person Twin or Double Room / €865 Single Room, €495 Non-competing Roommate
Note: At the 4* residence Le Hameau du Kashmir you will be sharing with (an)other participants an apartment with 2 separate rooms. Both rooms have a private bathroom and wc. Only the living area will be shared.
Live the legend of the Tour de France, riding on the same routes and under the same conditions as the professionals: this is the promise that L‘Etape du Tour has kept since 1993.
Every year, we invite you to ride one of the mountain stages of the Tour de France: the same stage towns, the same routes, the same mythical climbs but also, and above all, the same race conditions as on the Tour. As the result of a significant amount of work carried out in partnership with the police, local organizations and local authorities, L ‘Etape du Tour is the only cyclosportive to offer routes which are entirely closed to traffic. With 28 editions under its belt and a peloton of 15,000 participants, L ‘Etape du Tour is now Europe’s benchmark cyclosportive event.
The time has come again. The reference race for cyclosportive riders from around the world, L’Etape du Tour, will take place on July 21st, 2019. The 29th edition will take you from Albertville to Val Thorens. We booked for you the 3* Florimont (http://www.hotelflorimont.com/en/) in Saint Ferreol (19 km from the start) on half board basis (bed, breakfast and dinner – drinks incl.: water + 1/4 wine or soda). Once you have crossed the finish line, you will be able to ride to your hotel room , as we booked a hotel/residence ideally located in Val Thorens: 4* Le Hameau du Kashmir (https://www.le-hameau-du-kashmir.com/en/).
The highlights of the package
- 3* Hotel close to the start
- 4* Hotel/residence at the finish
- Hotels booked on half board (room, breakfast, dinner – drinks incl. water + 1/4 wine or soda)
- Airport pickups from/to Geneva International Airport
- Transfer to the village on the day before the race
- Transfer to the start on the morning of the race
- Transfer of your luggage from the start to the finish
- Assistance during your entire stay of our experienced and trained bilingual (English / French) staff and pro teams’ mechanics
- Rental bikes available upon request
- Access to our private feed stop
- Welcome kit (T-shirt, Jersey made by Castelli, energy products, bottles)
Please arrange your own flights into Geneva international airport (http://www.gva.ch/en/DesktopDefault.aspx)
Flights are going to be in very high demand and there will be limited space for bikes on each flight. We recommend booking early in order to secure your seat and get the best fares. Don’t forget to secure, at time of your booking the spot for your bike on the flight.
Our guides will meet you at the airport and will accompany you on the ride to your hotel.
When booking your flight, please take into consideration that you may need up to one hour to get your luggage from the baggage carousel. Therefore we kindly ask you to book flights arriving at least one hour before our buses are scheduled to leave.
Geneva Airport (Switzerland) – Saint Ferreol (France): 71km / approx. 1 h 15 : leaving approx. 12:30pm and 5:30pm (exact pick up times will be confirmed later)
Please note that participants arriving in Geneva after 5:30pm will be asked to organize their own transfer to their hotel.
For the return transfer on Monday July 22nd, please book a flight that departs after 12:00pm.
Transfer from Geneva International Airport to your hotel
Day off, visit of the village, pick up of your bib number
D-Day: L’Etape du Tour
Transfer from your hotel to airport
Day 1: Friday July 19th
Group: Bus transfer from Geneva airport to your hotel in Saint Ferreol
Hotel: 3* hotel in Saint Ferréol for 2 nights
Our representatives will welcome you at the airport in Geneva and will stay with you throughout your entire stay with us.
We have booked for you the 3* hotel Florimont (http://www.hotelflorimont.com/en/) in Saint Ferreol. You will be accommodated on half board (room, breakfast, dinner including wine and water).
Between Annecy and Albertville, with a view of the Mont Blanc, the Hotel Florimont *** will appeal to you with its cottage chalet-style and a large park. . The 27 bedrooms and the restaurant made of stone and wood will welcome you in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere. The hotel’s owners and staff, used to welcoming riders and bikers, will be at your service to enable you to enjoy your stay to the maximum.
After you’ve checked in, you will be free to make any adjustment on your bike and become acclimated with the area. If you need any help with your bike, our mechanics will be happy to assist you. You may also have the time to start warming-up for the big day or relax at the hotel. In the evening, you will have your first dinner with the group at the hotel’s restaurant.
Day 2: Saturday, July 20th
Group: Day off / Visit of the village
Hotel: 3* hotel Florimont in Saint Ferréol
Today, no particular obligation except the traditional visit to the village! Our bus will pick you up after breakfast and drive you back to the hotel around noon, so that you will have the afternoon off.
Besides getting your bib number, you will have, at the village, the possibility of visiting the numerous exhibitors’ stands, checking the different animations such as the testing track, etc…
The afternoon will be a good time to explore the first kilometers of the race and if necessary make the final adjustments to your bike in order to optimize your efforts tomorrow.
Breakfast and dinner have been reserved at the restaurant; however you will be free to have lunch on your own.
Day 3: Sunday, July 21st
Group: D-day – the Etape du Tour
Hotel: 4* hotel/residence Le Hameau du Kashmir in Val Thorens
Today is the day! This is your opportunity to live up to the same challenge as the professionals. The race’s start time is 6.30am but you will be required to be on the starting line by 6:00 am.
Our bus will drive you in the early morning from the hotel to the start.
As we did in the past years, we will have our private feeding station on the route of the Etape. Our staff members will be present at the finish line to congratulate you. In the evening, you will gather at the restaurant with your fellow riders over dinner.
During the day, our staff will have taken care of the transfer of your personal items from your hotel at the start to your hotel/residence at the finish: 4* Le Hameau du Kashmir in Val Thorens.
The hamlet of Kashmir, 4 star hotel and 4 star Tourism Residence, is located at the entrance of Val Thorens. Discover a decoration in the colours of the region of Kashmir and the warm atmosphere, the ideal setting to enjoy clear and panoramic views.
The hamlet of Kashmir, launching bridges between Savoy and the distant horizons of the Himalayas, is the embodiment of the mountain well-being mixed with the open atmosphere of a lounge.
Thanks to a judicious play on the fabrics, the spaces of the hotel create a hushed effect that highlights the mineral environment in which the visitor takes place. The interiors are designed to provide you with the ultimate comfort from the lobby to your rooms or suites. All can benefit from a quality environment within a Great Hotel in Savoy.
Day 4: Monday, July 22nd
Group: Transfer back to Geneva International Airport
After breakfast, it will be time to go back to the airport to Geneva.
When booking your return flight, please take into consideration that you will need to register for boarding between 1 hour to 1½ hour before departure and that your transfer to the airport will take approximately: 1 hour.
We will operate several airport transfers:
Val Thorens– Geneva: 153 km / 2h36
The bus schedules will be announced later on, but we kindly you to book a return flight that departs after 12pm.
We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and wish you a nice and safe trip back home!
4 days / 3 nights
Half board / 3* Le Florimont – Saint Ferreol / 4* Le Hameau du Kashmir- Val Thorens
Room Sharing in Twin / Double
4 days / 3 nights
Half board / 3* Le Florimont – Saint Ferreol / 4* Le Hameau du Kashmir – Val Thorens
The price includes:
- Accommodation for 3 nights in 3*/4* hotel/residence in Saint Ferreol/Val Thorens: rooms with private bathroom including toilets, a tub and/or a shower,
- 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners, drinks (wine and water) included,
- Private Ronan Pensec Travel feeding station
- Transfers in a private coach from/to Geneva International Airport
- Transfer by bus to the village on the day before the race
- Transfer by bus to the start on the day of the race
- Box trailer / van for the safekeeping and transport of your bike in your bike bags/boxes,
- Ronan Pensec Travel welcome package incl. Ronan Pensec Travel jersey made by Castelly and T-shirt, cycling bottles and energy products (for competing participants only)
- Local taxes,
- Service of our bilingual (English / French) support staff and mechanics,
The price does not include:
- Entry to the Etape du Tour
- Personal hotel expenses, mini bar, telephone, room service,
- Travel and personal insurance
- Rental bike
(1) Please note that if you are travelling by yourself but are willing to share your room with another single participant, we will do our best to find you a roommate. Should we not be in a position to do so and you end up therefore staying in a room by yourself, we will have to charge you the single room rate.
(2) The entry is not included in this program, and has to be purchased separately. If you have not been able to buy it from ASO, we can secure it for you. Don’t hesitate to ask us.
(3) Ronan Pensec Travel reserves the right to withdraw or modify tours, itineraries, programs, sports activities or facilities at anytime without notice and without liability. In the event of force majeure, including but not limited to strikes, lockouts, riots, weather conditions, technical difficulties or for any other reason whatsoever, Ronan Pensec Travel and the operators may at anytime and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any vacation package and shall not be obliged for any loss whatsoever to any member by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, deviation or substitution.