Etape du Tour: Cycle Tour Package 4 – 3* Le Radiana – La Léchère / 3* Residence Le Chamois d’Or – Val Thorens
Program Category: All incl.
Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
Dates: 07/19/2019 – 07/22/2019
Program Highlights: 3* hotel/residence in La Léchère / Val Thorens – accommodation on half board, drinks incl. (water 1/4 wine or soda)– experienced and dedicated bilingual support staff – former pro teams’ mechanics – transfer by bus to the village and the start – guaranteed entry (to be purchased separately – not included in package price) – private feed stop – welcome kit (T-shirt, Jersey made by Castelli, cycling bottles, energy products)
Start & Finish: Geneva / Geneva
Tour de France Viewings: Not Applicable
Rates: €895 Single Room, €800/person Twin Room,
Note: Single rooms at the start will become twin rooms at the finish (= double occupancy). The residence Le Chamois d’Or offers studios (24m2) incl. living room with pullout sofa bed (2 beds of 80 cm) or double sofa bed, mountain corner in the entrance with 2 bunk beds, equipped kitchenette, bathroom with bathtub, separate toilet, balcony.
Live the legend of the Tour de France, riding on the same routes and under the same conditions as the professionals: this is the promise that L‘Etape du Tour has kept since 1993.
Every year, we invite you to ride one of the mountain stages of the Tour de France: the same stage towns, the same routes, the same mythical climbs but also, and above all, the same race conditions as on the Tour. As the result of a significant amount of work carried out in partnership with the police, local organizations and local authorities, L ‘Etape du Tour is the only cyclosportive to offer routes which are entirely closed to traffic. With 27 editions under its belt and a peloton of 15,000 participants, L ‘Etape du Tour is now Europe’s benchmark cyclosportive event.
For the 29th edition that will take you, on July 21st 2019, from Albertville to Val Thorens. We booked for you the 3* Radiana in La Léchère (http://www.radianaresort.com/en/hotel-radiana.html) in La Léchère on half board basis (bed, breakfast and dinner – drinks incl. water and 1/4 wine or soda). La Léchère is a thermal town 20 min from Albertville. At the finish, you will be staying in Val Thorens at the 3* residence Le Chamois d’Or (https://lechamoisdor.com/en/). Once you have crossed the finish line, you will be able to reach your accommodation in a few minutes.
The highlights of the package
- 3* Hotel located in La Léchère / 3* residence in Val Thorens
- Accommodations booked on half board (room, breakfast, dinner – drinks incl. water + 1/4 wine or soda)
- Airport pickups from/to Geneva International Airport
- Transfers to the village and start
- Transfer of your luggage from the start to the finish
- Assistance during your entire stay of our experienced and trained bilingual (English / French) staff and pro teams’ mechanics
- Rental bikes available upon request
- Access to our private feed stop
- Welcome kit (T-shirt, Jersey made by Castelli, energy products, cycling bottles)
Please arrange your own flights into Geneva international airport (http://www.gva.ch/en/DesktopDefault.aspx)
Flights are going to be in very high demand and there will be limited space for bikes on each flight. We recommend booking early in order to secure your seat and get the best fares. Don’t forget to secure, at time of your booking the spot for your bike on the flight.
Our guides will meet you at the airport and will accompany you on the ride to your hotel.
When booking your flight, please take into consideration that you may need up to one hour to get your luggage from the baggage carousel. Therefore we kindly ask you to book flights arriving at least one hour before our buses are scheduled to leave.
Geneva Airport (Switzerland) – La Léchère (France): 110km / approx. 1 h 45 : leaving approx. 12:30pm and 5:30pm (exact pick up times will be confirmed later)
For your return flight, we ask you to book a flight that departs after 12:00pm.
Transfer from Geneva International Airport to your hotel
Day off, visit of the village, pick up of your bib number
D-Day: L’Etape du Tour
Transfer from your hotel to airport
Day 1: Friday July 19th
Group: Bus transfer from Geneva International Airport to your hotel
Hotel: 3* Hotel Le Radiana in La Léchère for 2 nights
Our representatives will welcome you at the airport in Geneva and will stay with you throughout your entire stay with us.
For the first two nights, we have booked for you the 3* Le Radiana (http://www.radianaresort.com/en/hotel-radiana.html) in La Léchère. La Léchère is a thermal town whose water comes naturally at 61° and collected at a depth of about 205m, preserving its purity and a constant mineralization.
You will be accommodated on half board (room, breakfast, dinner – drinks incl. water + 1/4 wine or soda).
This 3 * hotel near the Tarentaise resorts of Valmorel, Courchevel, Meribel, and within the complex of the thermal Léchère-les-Bains will seduce you by its charm and personality! You will be accommodated in rooms in an art deco inspired style.
Day 2: Saturday, July 20th
Group: Day off / Visit of the village
Hotel: 3* Radiana in La Léchère
Today, no particular obligation except the traditional visit to the village. Our bus will pick you up after breakfast and drive you back to the hotel around noon, so that you will have the afternoon off.
Besides getting your bib number, you will have the possibility of visiting the numerous exhibitors’ stands, checking the different animations such as the testing track, etc…
The afternoon will be a good time to explore the first kilometers of the race and if necessary make the final adjustments to your bike in order to optimize your efforts tomorrow.
Breakfast and dinner have been reserved at the restaurant; however you will be free to have lunch on your own.
Day 3: Sunday, July 21st
Group: D-day – the Etape du Tour
Hotel:3* residence Le Chamois d’Or in Val Thorens
Today is the day! This is your opportunity to live up to the same challenge as the professionals. The race’s start time is 6:30am but you will be required to be on the starting line by 6:00 am.
As we did in the past years, we will have our private feeding station on the route of the Etape. Our staff members will be present at the finish line to congratulate you.
You will have the advantage to be able to go back to your hotel at your convenience, while thousands of other participants will need, afterwards to wait for their transfer back to their hotel. In the evening, you will gather at the restaurant with your fellow riders over dinner.
During the day, our staff will have taken care of the transfer of your personal items from your hotel at the start to your residence at the finish: 3* Le Chamois d’Or in Val Thorens (https://lechamoisdor.com/en/).
The 3-Star tourist residence, Le Chamois d’Or is located in the centre of the Val Thorens Resort. Ideally located in a quiet area, you can enjoy an exceptional location to rest after long days. To facilitate your stay you will find within the residence a whole of shops: a restaurant, a pub, a supermarket and a laundromat. Although a residence, you will benefit from the same services as in a hotel: beds made on arrival and towels available).
Day 4: Monday, July 22nd
After breakfast, it will be time to go back to the airport to Geneva.
When booking your return flight, please take into consideration that you will need to register for boarding between 1 hour to 1½ hour before departure and that your transfer to the airport will take approximately: 1 hour.
We will operate several airport transfers: Val Thorens – Geneva airport: 153km / 2h40
The bus schedules will be announced later on, but we kindly you to book a return flight that departs after 12pm.
We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and wish you a nice and safe trip back home!
4 days / 3 nights
3* Le Radiana – La Léchère / 3* resid. Le Chamois d’Or – Val Thorens
Room sharing in twin or double
4 days / 3 nights
3* Le Radiana – La Léchère / 3* resid. Le Chamois d’Or – Val Thorens
The price includes:
- Accommodation for 3 nights in a 3* hotel/3* residence in La Léchère / Val Thorens: rooms with private bathroom including toilets, a tub and/or a shower, single rooms at the start will become twin rooms at the finish (=double occupancy)
- 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners, drinks (water + 1/4 wine or soda) included,
- Private Ronan Pensec Travel feeding station
- Transfers in a private coach from/to Geneva International Airport
- Transfer to the village and the start
- Box trailer / van for the safekeeping and transport of your bike in your bike bags/boxes,
- Ronan Pensec Travel welcome package incl. Ronan Pensec Travel jersey made by Castelly, T-shirt, cycling bottles, energy products (for competing participants only)
- Local taxes,
- Service of our bilingual (English / French) support staff and mechanics,
The price does not include:
- Entry to the Etape du Tour
- Personal hotel expenses, mini bar, telephone, room service,
- Travel and personal insurance
- Rental bike
(1) Please note that if you are travelling by yourself but are willing to share your room with another single participant, we will do our best to find you a roommate. Should we not be in a position to do so and you end up therefore staying in a room by yourself, we will have to charge you the single room rate.
(2) The entry is not included in this program, and has to be purchased separately. If you have not been able to buy it from ASO, we can secure it for you. Don’t hesitate to ask us.
(3) Ronan Pensec Travel reserves the right to withdraw or modify tours, itineraries, programs, sports activities or facilities at anytime without notice and without liability. In the event of force majeure, including but not limited to strikes, lockouts, riots, weather conditions, technical difficulties or for any other reason whatsoever, Ronan Pensec Travel and the operators may at anytime and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any vacation package and shall not be obliged for any loss whatsoever to any member by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, deviation or substitution.