Etape du Tour: Cycle Tour Package 1 –
Hôtel de la Chaussée*** Briançon /
Hôtel Le Petit Prince*** Alpe d’Huez
Program Category: All inclusive
Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
Dates: 07/08/2022- 07/11/2022
Program Highlights: 3* hotels in Briançon & Alpe d’Huez – room, breakfast, dinner & citi tax – guaranteed entry (to be purchased separately – not included in package price) – access to our private feed stop, transfer of your personal belongings from the start to the finish, assistance of our support staff and mechanics, welcome kit (T-shirt, Jersey made by Castelli, energy products, cycling bottles)
Start & Finish: Briançon / Alpe d’Huez
Tour de France Viewings: Not Applicable
Rates: €820 Single Room at the start & triple room share at the finish, €775 Double/Twin room share, €755 (triple room share)
Live the legend of the Tour de France, riding on the same routes and under the same conditions as the professionals: this is the promise that L‘Etape du Tour has kept since 1993.
2022 will be the year of the great return after those two very particular years. To celebrate this reunion as well as the 30th edition of the Etape du Tour, ASO promises us a memorable stage from a town that already welcomed the Etape du Tour five years ago: Briançon.
Join us again to ride one of the mountain stages of the Tour de France: the same stage towns, the same routes, the same mythical climbs but also, and above all, the same race conditions as on the Tour. As the result of a significant amount of work carried out in partnership with the police, local organizations and local authorities, L ‘Etape du Tour is the only cyclosportive to offer routes which are entirely closed to traffic. With 28 editions under its belt and a peloton of 15,000 participants, L ‘Etape du Tour is now Europe’s benchmark cyclosportive event.
For the 30th edition that will take you, on July 10th, from Briançon to Alpe d’Huez, we booked for you two 3* hotels on half board (room, breakfast, dinner & city tax): l’Hôtel de la Chaussée*** (https://www.hotel-de-la-chaussee.com/) in Briançon & Hôtel Le Petit Prince*** in Alpe d’Huez (https://www.langleyhotels.eu/en/our-hotels/hotel-petit-prince/) . You will be only a short distance from the start and the finish of the Etape.
The highlights of the package
- Charming 3* hotels ideally located in Briançon & Alpe d’Huez, right at the start & finish
- Hotels booked for 2 nights at the start, 1 night at the finish
- Hotels booked on half board (room, breakfast, dinner – water & wine included)
- Airport pickup & return from/to Geneva international airport
- Assistance during your entire stay of our experienced and trained bilingual (English / French) staff and pro teams’ mechanics
- Transfer of your personal belongings from the start to the finish
- Access to our private feed stop
- Rental bikes available upon request
Please arrange your own flights into Geneva international airport (https://www.gva.ch/en/)
Flights are going to be in very high demand and there will be limited space for bikes on each flight. We recommend booking early in order to secure your seat and get the best fares. Don’t forget to secure, at time of your booking the spot for your bike on the flight.
Our guides will meet you at the airport and will accompany you on the ride to your hotel.
When booking your flight, please take into consideration that it takes a good 4 hours to get from Geneva to Briançon and that you may need up to one hour to get your luggage from the baggage carousel. For those reasons, we plan on having only one bus transfer from the airport to Briançon, leaving around 1-2pm. Therefore, we kindly ask you to book flights arriving at least one hour before our bus is scheduled to leave.
Transfer from Geneva Airport to your hotel
Day off, visit of the village, pick up of your bib number
D-Day: L’Etape du Tour
Transfer back to Geneva airport
Day 1: Friday July 8th
Program: Transfer from Geneva International Airport to your hotel in Briançon
Hotel: 3* Hôtel de la Chaussée in Briançon for two nights
Our representatives will welcome you at the airport in Geneva and will stay with you throughout your entire stay with us.
Briançon is located 247 km from Geneva Airport, which means a good 4 hour drive through the French and Italian Alps as well as the Fréjus road tunnel (12 895 meters) before we can get to the hotel.
At 1326 meters altitude, Briançon is considered the highest town in France. The historical centre of Briançon is a strongly fortified town, built by Vauban to defend the region from Austrians in the 17th century. Its streets are very steep and narrow, though picturesque. Briançon lies at the foot of the descent from the Col de Montgenèvre, giving access to Turin. On 8 July 2008, several buildings of Briançon were classified by the UNESCO as World Heritage Sites, as part of the “Fortifications of Vauban” group.
In Briançon we have booked for you the 3* Hôtel de la Chaussée. You will be accommodated on half board (room, breakfast, dinner including wine and water).
The Hôtel de la Chaussée is a charming hotel run by the same family for 5 generations. The restaurant room reminds you of a chalet with its exposed beams, its decoration, the old typical tools… The chef will make you taste the local specialties and typical mountain dishes as well. The entire hotel staff, used to welcoming groups of riders, will take care of you and make you feel at home.
Radisson Blu Hotel Nice:
The upscale Radisson Blu Hotel**** in Nice is the perfect retreat for your stay on the French Riviera. It underwent in 2018 an extensive renovation of all public areas, restaurants, rooms and suites.
The rooms invite you to discover a sophisticated style in a cozy atmosphere. You will be seduced by the clean lines and the different color pallets of grey, blue, and honey.
With a private beach on the Mediterranean Sea, a panoramic rooftop swimming pool, a sauna, hammam and fitness center, the Radisson Blu Nice hotel is ideal for a sporting break with friends and/or family.
The quality, the offered amenities and the location of the hotel have something for every taste: proximity of the Etape du Tour village and start for the riders but without the agitation, services in the hotel and proximity to the beach for the non-riding participants…
After you’ve checked in, you will be free to make any adjustment on your bike. If you need any help with your bike, our mechanic will be happy to assist you. You may also have the time to pick up your bib number at the Etape du Tour village and visit the many exhibitors.
In the evening, you will have your first dinner with the group at the hotel’s restaurant.
Day 2: Saturday, July 9th
Program: Day off / Visit of the village
Hotel: 3* Hôtel de la Chaussée in Briançon
Today, no particular obligation except the traditional visit to the village (unless you had the time to do it yesterday after your arrival at the hotel)!
Besides getting your bib number, you will have the possibility of visiting the numerous exhibitors’ stands, checking the different animations such as the testing track, etc…
Today will be a good day to explore the first kilometers of the race and if necessary make the final adjustments to your bike in order to optimize your efforts tomorrow.
Breakfast is included in the package, however lunch and dinner will be at your expense.
Day 3: Sunday, July 10th
Group: D-day – the Etape du Tour
Today is the day! This is your opportunity to live up to the same challenge as the professionals. The race’s start time is 7.00am but you will be required to be on the starting line by 6:30 am.
We don’t know yet the exact location of the start; nevertheless, Briançon being a small town, you will be able to ride to the starting line in just a few minutes and get a quick warm up.
While you will be giving the best of you on the bike, our staff will be taking care of the transfer of your personal belongings to your hotel room in Alpe d’Huez.
We will also be present at the finish line to congratulate you. The finish line will be only about 1 km from your hotel. You will be able to either go right to your hotel to refresh or go first to the traditional pasta party before going back to your hotel.
While thousands of other participants will need after the race to wait for their transfer back to their hotel, you will have the advantage to be able to go back to your hotel at your convenience.
In the evening, you will gather at the restaurant with your fellow riders over dinner.
Day 4: Monday, July 11th
Group: Transfer back to Geneva Airport
After breakfast, it will be time to go back to the airport to Geneva.
When booking your return flight, please take into consideration that you will need to register for boarding between 1 hour to 1 ½ hour before departure and that your transfer to the airport will take approximately: 3 hours.
We will operate one airport transfer:
Alpe d’Huez – Geneva 209 km / approx. 3 hours
The bus schedule will be announced later on, but we kindly ask you to book a return flight that departs after 12pm.
We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and wish you a nice and safe trip back home!
4 days / 3 nights
3* Hôtel de la Chaussée – Briançon
3* Hôtel Le Petit Prince – Alpe d’Huez
Twin/double room sharing rate
4 days / 3 nights
3* Hôtel de la Chaussée – Briançon
3* Hôtel Le Petit Prince – Alpe d’Huez
Triple room sharing rate
The price includes:
- Accommodation for 2 nights in 3* hotel in Briançon & 1 night in 3* hotel in Alpe d’Huez : rooms with private bathroom including toilets, a tub and/or a shower,
- 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners, drinks (wine and water) included,
- Private Ronan Pensec Travel feeding station
- Transfers in a private coach,
- Box trailer / van for the safekeeping and transport of your bike in your bike bags/boxes,
- Ronan Pensec Travel welcome package incl. Ronan Pensec Travel jersey and T-shirt, (except for non-competing participants)
- Local taxes,
- Service of our bilingual (English / French) support staff and mechanics,
The price does not include:
- Entry to the Etape du Tour
- Personal hotel expenses, mini bar, telephone, room service,
- Travel and personal insurance
- Rental bike (upon request)
(1) Please note that if you are travelling by yourself but are willing to share your room with another single participant, we will do our best to find you a roommate. Should we not be in a position to do so and you end up therefore staying in a room by yourself, we will have to charge you the single room rate.
(2) The entry is not included in this program, and has to be purchased separately. If you have not been able to buy it from ASO, we can secure it for you. Don’t hesitate to ask us.
(3) Ronan Pensec Travel reserves the right to withdraw or modify tours, itineraries, programs, sports activities or facilities at anytime without notice and without liability. In the event of force majeure, including but not limited to strikes, lockouts, riots, weather conditions, technical difficulties or for any other reason whatsoever, Ronan Pensec Travel and the operators may at anytime and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any vacation package and shall not be obliged for any loss whatsoever to any member by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, deviation or substitution.